Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Out List

Today I got home from working an overnight and I didn't feel like going to bed right away so I turned on HBO and they had a documentary on called "The Out List".

Amazing.

It had mostly celebrities, politicians and even some athletes talking about their lives being gay and marriage equality.

This documentary made me do and feel a lot of different things.  In one hour I laughed, was deeply inspired and then I got very angry.  Then I just cried

and cried

and cried.

I cried mainly because I was inspired by their stories of acceptance and love and overcoming obstacles.

Then I cried of the injustices they are still being subjected too.  While we, as a society, are making leaps and bounds for equality we need to keep going so people who are in love have the same rights across the board.  We are not finished!

I highly suggest you watch it whether you are straight, gay, lesbian, bi, transgender, purple, yellow, polka dot, whatever.  Be inspired to make a difference so all of our brother's and sisters have the same rights as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment