Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My First Gender Reveal

If anyone has just randomly trolled pinterest, you may or may not have seen the new big thing for people expecting a baby, a Gender Reveal Party.  I threw my first one a couple of weeks ago for one of my dear friends, Tori who is expecting in June.

Basically the idea of a gender reveal party is to announce the sex of your baby.  You go to the ultrasound when it's time, have the technician write down the sex (arrange prior so you don't cheat), then give the envelope to someone who will do the following:
-bake a cake
-fill a pinuata
-fill a box with balloons

When the time comes you either cut, beat or open whatever you choose to reveal either pink or blue.  For Tori, I made a four layer cake (my first layered!!).  I also made a cute poster, got pink and blue decorations, even pink and blue punch along with other little appetizers.  It was a lot of fun and a really cute idea!

Also: IT'S A BOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment