Friday, March 7, 2014

Thai inspired Quinoa salad

This week I made a very yummy salad with lots of Thai flavors.  I got the idea from an Ambitious Kitchen recipe (click here for recipe).  My version is a little different:

Ingredients:
Box of Roasted Red Pepper and Basil Quinoa (or regular)
2 small red peppers
A bunch of green onions
Cilantro (I love it so I put at least a handful in)
1/2 cup Cashews

Dressing:
3 heaping spoonfuls of peanut satay sauce
2 tsp honey
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp sesame oil
Water to thin it out

Prepare quinoa according to package. In the meanwhile, cut up your veggies and mix with cashews.  Let the quinoa cool a bit and make the sauce.  Mix all the sauce ingredients together except the water. Microwave to melt the honey a little, I did about 15 seconds. Whisk until everything is well combined. Add the water if you'd like to thin it out. Drizzle over the top of the salad!

This was so unbelievably good that I cut wait to make it again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment