Thursday, January 2, 2014

A little new years resolution help

Like the other millions of people out there, I have decided to get my body to where it should be.  I started last year but I hurt my back and got lazy after my trip to Germany.  I know what I need to do and am ready to start back up again.

Today was a good day to start as a huge snow storm is reeking havoc on the north east making my ability to go anywhere slim to none with my snow incompetent car. So, I did some running/high incline walking.  The first 15 mins on the treadmill, I find, suck.  However, I can combat the thoughts of quitting with a pretty solid playlist of positive dance music.

Ariel's 'don't give up and get you ass in gear' Playlist:

-Reload (vocal mix), Sebastian Ingrosso and Tommy Trash
-Don't You Worry Child, Swedish House Mafia
-Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais mix), Lana Del Rey
-Miami to Ibiza, Swedish House Mafia
-Sweet Nothing, Calvin Harris feat. Florence Welch
-Feels so Good, Armin Van Buuren feat. Nadia Ali
-Things Can Only Get Better, Cedric Gervais and Howard Jones
-Closer, Tegan and Sara
-Break My Fall, Tiesto feat. BT

My other tool to keep me on track is the MyFitnessPal app.  Its free and it's awesome.  Basically you sign up, enter your current weight and weight loss goals and it will assess you then tell you how many calories to eat a day.  You log in your food and your activities daily and it will keep track of everything. Essentially it's a convenient fitness and food diary at your very fingertips. 

Pinterest is also great for healthy recipes, workout ideas and general motivation.  You can find me (Ariel Wilber) and follow my fitness and health board (and my other fabulous boards) to see what I'm trying out.

Here is to a very happy and healthy 2014!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment