Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sherlock Party

I may be the one of the biggest fans of BBC's Sherlock so naturally I have been greatly anticipating Season 3 that premiered in the US on Sunday.  I thought it would be a great idea to have my friends who I have proudly turned into Sherlockians over to catch the first episode.  The party was a huge success!


 
I transformed my door into the infamous Sherlock and John residence.  To also include from Season 2 Episode 1 the "Crime in Progress, Please Disturb" note.  I just painted wood numbers and letters and tied them to my door.  Easy Peasy...

I had a hard time finding anything that was British in nature or anything to do with Sherlock so I found some Union Jack Duct tape (who knew?) and some London related Scrapbook stickers.  I tried to be creative and made this picture with a quote from Moriarty.  I think this is quite cute :)
 
The Calendar is always there...I just added the poster I got for Christmas.

 
The mantel piece in the dinning room.  With the quote from above, tea cup candles, the Complete Sherlock Holmes stories, and I framed the extra invite postcard which says "Keep Calm and Text Sherlock"...very clever I think!

 
I got a little ahead of myself and took a picture of the incomplete tea station.

 
#SherlockLives Cups because I have too much time on my hands....

 
 Again, I love quotes....

 
The most important part!  The Food!!!!  We had quite the spread.  I made scones with jam and cream (and to jazz them up just a little I put English scrap booking stickers on toothpicks to put on top), Cucumber vegan tea sandwiches, a Trifle, and a friend made English Stuffing Balls (which were amazing.  So amazing you should make them yourselves, click here for the recipe!) and Madelines. 



No comments:

Post a Comment