Saturday, January 4, 2014

Missing Germany terribly

Tomorrow is the six month anniversary of the epic trip to Germany.  I find myself now, especially in this freezing cold, really missing the beautiful scenery, warmth and memories Allison and I made there.


like the six hour walking tour where my sandals rubbed my skin off and still have a gross scar on my foot...worth it.


I also miss:
-losing our rental Mercades in the rain, in the pitch black, at 1am then getting lost in the hills of Sigmarigen.
-Singing every word to every single Rammstein song with thousands and thousands and thousands of Germans.
-eating delicious pastries, food and drink amazing beer
-Hiking up a mountain to see quite possibly the famous castle in the world then taking a nap on it.

This definitely happened

-Getting essentially kicked off a train because it can't get to the main train station in Berlin, not knowing how to get back to the hostel and a random man taking time to tell us exactly what we had to do.
-All the amazing people we met from ALL over the world
-The ice cream owner in Fuessen who asked if I wanted a Kiss which in fact was a type of ice cream
-the lovely conversation I had with the customs officer in Brussels.
-Getting searched in Brussles...my glittery backpack was VERY suspecious
-Sharing my ear buds with Allison and listening to Phil Collins, Lana Del Rey and Swedish House Mafia.
-Nutella Ice Cream
-Wine and the sunset in Wuerzburg
-The crazy windstorm/nonexistent tornado also in Wuerzburg which was terrifying
-Beer that tastes like smoked ham (only in Germany, right?
-watching the sunrise from the airplane over the ocean.
-my awesome travel partner who I still get to see, Miss Allison :)


No comments:

Post a Comment